10 Reasons to Move Augusta County Courthouse to Verona
Augusta County’s courthouse is on the ballot next week and there are plenty of reasons to vote to move it to Verona. Let’s count them….
1. Less expensive (a savings of $24 million to build the courthouse in Verona)
2. Not located in a flood zone
3. Easy parking located outside building
4. Easy accessible handicap parking
5. Free parking (no dealing with parking deck or on-street parking)
6. Better road access (easy access to Government Center)
7. Added security
8. Room for future growth
9. County already owns land
10. Room to build a 2022 Courthouse (current courthouse was built in 1901)
Moving the courthouse to Verona is a win-win for the citizens of Augusta County.