Virginia Sales Tax Holiday Is August 4-6
Virginia’s sales tax holiday will take place this weekend, August 4-6, an opportunity to save a little while buying qualified products for back to school, emergency preparedness, and energy saving products.
From the Sales Tax Holiday website:
What items are eligible?
School supplies, clothing, and footwear
* Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item
* Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item
Hurricane and emergency preparedness products
* Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item
* Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item
* Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item
* Other specified hurricane preparedness items – $60 or less per item
Energy Star™ and WaterSense™? products
* Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for noncommercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item
The sales tax holiday ends Sunday at 11:59 p.m.