Subscribe now 
Paid subscribers and Members of Virginia FREE are getting 2023 General Assembly election previews and all the latest scoop. BIG report coming out this weekend!
The 2024 GA will be VERY different from the current line up due to redistricting and retirements. Get ahead and subscribe now!
Here. We. GO.
- National Democrats are having a good run as July posted over 500,000 jobs (not a leading indicator), gas prices are down (demand), they are passing legislation (details will matter), and Nancy Pelosi showed foreign policy strength by going to Taiwan. Overall, good start to their final run to the midterms.
- Sharp drop due to demand. Back to school shopping starting up.
- The narrative change can only help Dems as Biden’s numbers are still below 40.
- BUT … most prognositicians show them still losing the House.
5. The Senate is a toss-up and the GOP needs a win in PA, GA, AZ, or NV. #CandidatesMatter
6. Kansans voted pretty much the way the country is on abortion – 60/40 against an all-out ban. Money and enthusiasm will pick up even more for Democrats. America is not either or on abortion. It’s a pro-regulation country. In other words – Yes, but…
States will decide where they want to draw the regulatory line.
7. Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man’s appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
Abraham Lincoln Speech, 18 Dec. 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives
h/t Neal Levine
8. Best states for business – Episode 3 “The One with a Visual”
Visuals are so fun especially when they agree with you. #CNBCStillWrong
Follow the talent and capital to find out which states are winning. Even a color-blind kid like me can see this one. Maybe the American South ain’t too hot or racist after all…
Talk amongst yourselves.
9. The federal legislation on burn pits was always going to pass and too many made the mistake of getting involved in the partisan fire fight at the end. Another lesson in politics, stay away from partisan fire fights at the end of negotiations. Emotions are raw and memories are very loooonnnng in politics. Just thank those who helped passed the bill and acknowledge concerns raised. #RelationshipsMatter
10. Labor force participation rate is more indicative of economic health than the Unemployment Rate. We’re still behind pre-pandemic levels.
Aaannd finally here are how the two major parties are lining up their nominees for 2024 according to a Suffolk U poll combining first and second choices sans Biden.
Kamala Harris v Ron DeSantis.
Trump continuing on a glide path down- GOP nomination battles notwithstanding.
Vin Scully. Legend.
Listen to this scene from For Love of the Game. Great movie.
Enjoy your summer folks!