For only the third time in modern American history, impeachment hearings  will be heard on Capitol Hill after weeks of closed-door testimony that have led to this point.
The U.S. House of Representatives begins hearing key testimony  today from witnesses concerning President Donald Trump’s alleged attempts at powering a foreign country into investigating his political rival. In short, the President is being accused of bribery and abusing his power.
1) Where to find the hearings: Proceedings that will continue Friday and into next week  will be televised and live-streamed beginning today at 10:00 a.m. EST.
3) Hearing location: The Ways and Means Committee room since 1940, it is the largest and grandest of the hearing chambers, “designed as the showplace  of what is now the Longworth House Office Building, with elaborate plaster work and light fixtures.”
4) Committee in charge: House Intelligence Committee led by Democratic Representative Adam Schiff, chairman, and Republican Representative Devin Nunes.
5) Party questioners: Democrats – Daniel Goldman, a former federal prosecutor in Manhattan; Republicans – Steve Castor, a congressional investigator.
6) The rules: Democrats and Republicans will question witnesses  in 90-minute rounds, according to the rules approved by the House, with each side rotating in 45-minute blocks.
7) Impeachment Happy Hour: Some D.C. bars are opening early and offering impeachment Happy Hour specials .
Some news outlets that will be featuring breaking news, live-streaming, and continuing coverage of the hearings are NBC News , NPR , The New York Times , Fox News , and The Washington Post .