This week, a group of professors linked to Oxford University who are recognized as experts in the field of medical ethics published a paper called “After-birth abortion: why should the baby live?” In this paper, they argue that newborn babies do not have a “moral right to life” and that parents ought to be able to have their babies killed if they don’t want them after they are born.
Let that sink in for a minute.
Now consider this: The President of the United States agrees with them.
In 2001 and 2003, Barack Obama, then a member of the Illinois State Senate, voted against and actively worked to defeat legislation to ban doctors from killing babies who had survived an attempted abortion and were born alive. In other words, Obama literally worked to protect doctors who kill newborn babies.
As President, Obama appointed as his Science “Czar” John Holdren, a man who co-authored a book advocating for eugenics. In his book, Dr. Holden argued that:
• Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not;
• The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation’s drinking water or in food;
• Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;
• People who “contribute to social deterioration” (i.e. undesirables) “can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility” — in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.
• A transnational “Planetary Regime” should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans’ lives — using an armed international police force.
Now consider this: The only president in the modern era to embrace eugenics, including killing undesirable babies, is also the president who crafted and achieved the government takeover of our health care system. Under ObamaCare, government panels will ration health care and senior citizens will be required to undergo “end of life counseling.” It’s a eugenicist’s dream come true.
Think I’m exaggerating or being alarmist? In the Netherlands, where they have had physician-assisted suicide for many years, many older people have become convinced that they have a moral obligation to end their lives rather than become a burden to their families or society. Now, an organization called the Dutch Association for a Voluntary End to Life has created a program called “Life End,” a system of mobile euthanasia units that will travel the country to help them end their lives if their own doctors refuse to do so.
Barack Obama and his ObamaCare scheme pose very real threats to our culture and to the freedom of every American citizen to be in control of their own health care and personal destiny. Obama must be defeated, and ObamaCare must be repealed.